Our Values - Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust is committed to delivering a health service where Equality and Diversity is embraced by everyone. For Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care Trust promoting equality, inclusion and human rights is integral to our values and delivery of our services. We are fully committed to providing high quality services to everyone, irrespective of the gender individuals identify as, their ethnicity, those with or without disabilities, ages, sexual orientation, and those with or without caring responsibilities.
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care we will continue to strive to create an employment environment that is inclusive and supportive for all staff and to promote a health services’ culture in which:
- Diversity is valued and respected – an approach that embraces both visible and non-visible differences, where there are fair access and fair outcomes for all.
- Differences are recognised and fully utilised in delivering excellent services.
- The community works together effectively in an atmosphere of trust, harmony and respect
- Discrimination and prejudice are challenged and every individual feels valued.
- Both direct and indirect discrimination (associative, perceptive), harassment and victimisation will not be tolerated.
We recognise our responsibility to achieve the highest standards in equality and inclusion, and to be a proactive agent for change. We will continue to take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in the design, delivery and review of all of our functions, policies and practices.
Read more about our EDI policy and hear from our own staff.
Our vision and values
Courageous: Displaying integrity and having the courage to do what is right.
Ambitious: Always striving for outstanding care.
Responsive: Listen, learn and act.
Empowering: Freedom to choose and live well.
Supportive: Support each other and be proud of what we do.
Our core beliefs:
- We are all unique and our diversity will be respected and celebrated
- Good physical and mental health is essential to happy, healthy lives
- Our teams are amazing and we will support people to achieve their potential
Our strategic priorities:
- Significantly improve health outcomes and reduce inequalities
- Be ambitious and constantly innovate to deliver outstanding care
- Be efficient and effective
- Work with our partners to add value and collectively develop healthier more inclusive communities
- Be a fantastic place to work
Working Together for Outstanding Care
Wellbeing of our staff
Staff health and wellbeing is about ensuring that people feel good and function well both physically and mentally. It is about working in partnership to promote health and wellbeing to proactively prevent ill-health through education, promotion and encouraging participation in key activities.
Your health and wellbeing is extremely important to us so we have developed a number of intiatives to support you to be happy and healthy.
- Staff Mental Health Wellbeing Hub - this includes access to Self Help resources, referral links and links to National Resources for Healthcare Staff
- Staff Facebook Group - designed to share ideas, support each other and provide information for our Staff
- Now We're Talking - Our Trust campaign designed to reduce stigma and encourage more local people to access the Healthy Minds Service. We encourage all of our Staff with various awareness campaigns including the Worcester City Run
- Staff Benefits - we have a number of benefits available to aid your wellbeing, including Cycle to Work schemes, Free Eye Tests as well as NHS Discounts