Kickstart a career in the NHS with an Apprenticeship
As a Trust we are committed to developing and growing a talented and skilled workforce which can meet our organisational goal of “working together for outstanding care”. Apprenticeships form an important of the development journey for both our new employees and the existing workforce. If you are passionate about delivering outstanding work whichever area you have an interest in, we would welcome your application.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is an integrated work based training and development programme, designed around the needs of the employer, which develops the knowledge, skills and behaviours of the apprentice against an Apprenticeship Standard. The apprenticeship consists of both theory and practice, so much of your learning is developed in the workplace with off-the-job training, assessment and pastoral support provided by a workplace mentor, tutor and your manager. Apprenticeship Standards are verified externally via an End Point Assessment process and on successful completion you will receive a nationally accredited apprenticeship qualification.
An Apprenticeship at our Trust offers you:
- Earn while you learn – practical on the job training with off the job learning time allocated
- Regular paid study time with a training provider
- Mentoring and support throughout your apprenticeship
- Paid Annual Leave
- Nationally recognised Apprenticeship Standard / Qualifications
- Hands-on experience and transferable knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Enhanced future job prospects
An apprenticeship can open the door to a career within our Trust. When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, we want you to stay with us and many of our apprentices have now gone on to secure permanent jobs either with us, other NHS or public sector bodies or have commenced further professional training.
We offer Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeships, in both clinical and non-clinical administration areas such as Ward Administrators, Receptionists, Administrators, HR & Workforce support Services.
We are currently working to open this up to wider apprenticeship opportunities as well going forwards.
- To search for our apprenticeship vacancies please visit and apply via the NHS Jobs.
- For general information about Apprenticeships in the local area visit the Worcestershire Apprenticeship website:
- For general information about Apprenticeships please visit the National Apprenticeship website
- To find out which career in the NHS would suit you visit Health Careers
Get in touch
Email: Sheri Moule or Liz Madams at WHCNHS.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01905 681541
Service hours: 9 am - 5pm, Monday-Friday
Location: 2 Kings Court, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester, WR5 1JR